Academic Search Research and Developement (EBSCO)
Now showing 1 - 10 of 48
- Aim: To analyse teachers’ experience in applying information communication technologies (from now on referred to as ICT) during the study process. Methodology: The analysis is based on a qualitative research methodology determined by the novelty of the problem under analysis. Six teachers of the University X (faculty Y) participating in the study were selected by applying a random sampling procedure and were interviewed by using the semi-structured interviews. Results: The research revealed that the use of ICT in the study process is still fragmented due to the lack of the teachers` ICT competence and to teaching priority given to direct communication. Because of the lack of higher level competence in ICT necessary for the efficient use of ICT tools in the study process, teachers as a rule resort to limited opportunities to increase the attractiveness of the process. Research limitations: in order to theoretically and empirically validate ICT application possibilities in the study process, teachers of one faculty of one university have been interviewed. In view of this, the conclusions cannot be extended to all teachers. Practical significance: the research revealed problems faced by the university teachers in applying ICT during the study process. Identification of problems will facilitate a more efficient use of ICT in the study process, as well as the development of teachers’ qualification. Originality and value: the research provided more information on teachers` competence in using ICT.
- Purpose – The purpose of this paper is to look at the factors driving online shopping and to develop an understanding of the factors influencing the online shopping by the consumers. This is done by exploring the factors that encourage consumers to shop online through analysis of such advantages as security, fast delivery, comparable price, convenience, cheaper prices and a wider choice. At the same time, the research project reveals the factors that are discouraging for consumers and the benefits received by buyers making purchases online. Specifically, the research explores how online shopping can be affected by such factors as age, gender or occupation. Design/methodology/approach – The factors that affect the consumer online shopping have been disclosed through quantitative research by analysing data collected via a web‐based questionnaire survey. The sample consisted of 183 Lithuanian consumers who were purchasing online. Findings –The empirical findings of this study indicate that the main factors influencing consumers to shop online are convenience, simplicity and better price. Analysis of socio-demographical characteristics such as gender has shown that men shop more often online because of the lower price. Respondents of the 25–35 year age group more often choose shopping online for such reasons as lack of time and a wide range of products. The most beneficial factor of shopping online was identified as a possibility to compare prices and buy at a lower price. Research limitations/implications – This study was done regarding only general conditions and the findings may not necessarily be applicable to a particular e-business. Therefore, in the future it would be highly encouraged to examine consumers’ attitudes towards specialized online shopping websites to look for differences by kind of products or services. Practical implications – Attributes identified by this study could help e-business developers to forme their marketing strategy, identify and remove the main obstacles to creating a highly convenient online shopping service to customers. Online stores can devote valuable corporate resources to better mapping of the online consumers’ behaviour, future technologies and developments. Originality/Value – This paper may be valuable for online retailers, as it will help them to attract consumers and enable to better form their e-marketing strategies allowing to understand the consumers’ changing needs and lifestyles as well as to to attract them with regard to their online shopping experience.
- research article
;Gedvilas, PauliusEuropean scientific journal (ESJ). Kočani : European Scientific Institute, 2015, vol. 11, no. 22., p. 102-116The European Framework of key competences for lifelong learning, released at the end of 2006, identifies and defines eight competences that everyone needs to acquire in order to achieve personal and professional goals, social inclusion and active citizenship in today's rapidly-changing world. The paper discusses the results of the pilot study on communication in foreign languages, one out of eight key competences, conducted in 2013. The pilot research was carried out under the project Research and Development Platform for Adult Training of Generic Competences, Measure VP1-3.1-ŠMM-07-K “Support to Research Activities of Scientists and Other Researcher (Global Grant)”. The analysis of the situation in Lithuania pertinent to conceptual understanding of the competence of communication in foreign languages, its development for personal and professional growth and labour market demand is presented. The findings reveal the respondents’ self-evaluation of the competence of communication in foreign languages, the main challenges and opportunities it offers for professional life and career, personal development and participation in civic and community life. Klasterių veikla Lietuvoje: iššūkiai ir galimybių paieškaPublication[Cluster activity in Lithuania: challenges and search for opportunities]Tikslas – analizuoti ir apibendrinti inovatyvių verslo įmonių klasterių veiklos Lietuvoje problemas bei pateikti siūlymus, kaip būtų galima tobulinti situaciją, ir nustatyti pagrindinius jų veiklos rizikos šaltinius. Metodologija – bendroji mokslinės literatūros apžvalga, kurioje pateikiamos verslo klasterių veiklos efektyvumo ir veiksnių, darančių neigiamą įtaką jų veiklai, analizės metodikos, atvejo analizė. Rezultatai – nustatyta verslo klasterių rizikos struktūra, problemos Lietuvoje ir tobulintini dalykai. Tyrimo ribotumas – tyrimo ribotumą lemia kiekybinių duomenų trūkumas ir informacijos konfidencialumas. Dėl šios priežasties kyla sunkumų sukurti adekvačius dinaminius veiklos efektyvumo vertinimo modelius. Praktinė reikšmė – inovacijų plėtra ir viešojoje erdvėje, ir siauresnėje akademinėje erdvėje pateikiama gana vienpusiškai, kaip pažangos rodiklis, tačiau Lietuvoje mažai diskusijų, ar klasteris tikrai yra optimali forma siekiant sukurti sąlygas verslo inovacijoms. Taip pat iki šiol nepakankamai analizuota rizika, susijusi su inovacijų kūrimu ir klasterizacija, nors tai yra vienas pagrindinių rizikos kapitalo fondų finansavimo objektas. Šiuo straipsniu siekiama nustatyti verslo klasteriams būdingas rizikos savybes ir struktūrą. Originalumas / vertingumas – išskiriamos pagrindinės klasterių veiklos Lietuvoje efektyvumo ir rizikos vertinimo problemos, apibrėžiama klasterių veiklos rizikos struktūra.
- research articleSocialinės technologijos : mokslo darbai = Social technologies : research papers [Elektroninis išteklius]. Vilnius : Mykolo Romerio universitetas, 2014, [Nr.] 4(1)., p. 168-178Research limitations – although the paper has successfully demonstrated that IoT provides vast amounts of data for people to process and create knowledge, this could be considered only as an initial phase in studying the field. IoT and its intelligent outcomes need more investigation in terms of real life case studies and industry reviews in order to create valid definitions, models and future guidelines. Practical implications – this study provides an exciting opportunity to advance our knowledge on Internet of Things and could be used as theoretical background for further analysis of emergence of collective intelligence in interactive networks of people and things. Value – to date there has been little research summarising scientific efforts in the field of IoT. This paper provides a general overview of the knowledge on IoT and could be used as guidelines for further research.
2 Cloud computing development in ArmeniaPublicationresearch article ;Ghazaryan, VazgenSocialinės technologijos : mokslo darbai = Social technologies : research papers [Elektroninis išteklius]. Vilnius : Mykolo Romerio universitetas, 2014, [Nr.] 4(1)., p. 118-138of service and the shared responsibility and security roles between the client and the provider. Research limitations/implications – the study was carried out on the basis of two companies, which gives a deeper view, but a wider analysis is necessary for the results to be applied more extensively. Practical implications: Originality/Value – the novelty of the research depends on the fact that the existing approaches to this problem mainly focus on the technical side of computing.
- Research limitations – the investigated samples contain a limited number of respondents, which might raise a question of reliability of the findings. The statistical computation of the reliability of the obtained responses will prove whether the data are reliable and may be extended beyond the studied samples. The hypothesis for the research: student performance might depend on their specialisation. Practical implications – the respondents were asked to indicate the degree of difficulty in performing various online tasks on the Likert’s scale ranging from “very difficult” to “very easy”. The analysis of the responses by means of the Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) software proves that despite the limited number of respondents, the results may be extended beyond the studied samples. It means that self-evaluation of computerised activities by students studying professional English is recommended at the university level. Originality/Value – the value of this study encompasses the statistical processing of the responses, which should prove whether the findings are reliable or not.
- research articleSocialinės technologijos : mokslo darbai = Social technologies : research papers [Elektroninis išteklius]. Vilnius : Mykolo Romerio universitetas, 2014, [Nr.] 4(1)., p. 51-61Research limitations/implications. The study averred that all attempts/measures to bring about a reversal in the status quo of online radicalisation [de-radicalisation measures] should be directly applied to the principal cause, which is the Netizen. Although the content of the de-radicalisation measures were not fully provided by this study due to the reason that the contents can best be supplied by almost everyone that has a vivid understanding of online radicalisation. The study continues to affirm that the application of the measures of de-radicalisation on the Netizen will bring a corresponding ameliorative effect on the Net against its perpetuation of online radicalisation. Practical implications. It is important for domain name providers, governments, internet service providers, mass media, NGOs, parents, politicians, religious organisations, schools, teachers, and web hosting companies to collaborate to create practicable contents for a Gradual Online De-Radicalisation (G.O.D) which will suppress the perturbing rate of Online Radicalisation to the minimal. No unit or sector can singly tackle online radicalisation effectively. Therefore, measures of de-radicalisation should be governed by international treaties and laws, and there should be credible agents to legislate and execute the laws respectively. [...]
1 4 Informacinės infrastruktūros galimybės vertinti aplinkos ir vandens taršos kokybę įgyvendinant darnaus vystymosi sprendimusPublication[Possibilities of information infrastructure in evaluation of environmental pollution and water quality by implementing the solutions of sustainable development]Tyrimo apribojimai – įgyvendinant inovacinius sprendimus su ekonomikos plėtra susijusiose srityse, veiksniai, darantys įtaką darniam vystymui, ir jų rodiklių sistemos keisis. Analizuojant aplinkos kokybės sprendimus dėmesys komponentams – orui, vandeniui, klimato kaitai, kraštovaizdžiui ir biologinei įvairovei didės. Praktinė reikšmė – tyrimas atskleidžia darnaus vystymo reikalavimų vykdymo galimybes nuotekų apskaitos ir vandenvalos sektoriaus veikloje, identifikuoja egzistuojančias problemas, kurias reikia spręsti, norint užtikrinti vandens kokybę ir švarią aplinką. Originalumas / vertingumas – straipsnyje analizuojamos problemos, susijusios su aplinkos užterštumo situacijos vertinimu, tinkamų rodiklių paieška, kurie leidžia atskleisti vandens užterštumo būklę nutekamuosiuose vandenyse Baltijos jūros regione. Pateikti tyrimo rezultatai vandens taršos kokybei vertinti įgyvendinant darnaus vystymosi sprendimus. 3
- research articleSocialinės technologijos : mokslo darbai = Social technologies : research papers [Elektroninis išteklius]. Vilnius : Mykolo Romerio universitetas, 2014, [Nr.] 4(1)., p. 179-191Practical implications – the research results show that mobile technology manufacturers and developers should improve both software and wireless network security, online vendors should improve their online reputation, transparency, and mobile website navigation. Lawmakers should improve m-commerce legislation to better protect customers in case of dispute with online vendors. Originality/value – previous researchers have never focused solely and in-depth on the determinants of perceived risk and trust. Moreover, this object had never been examined in the Greek Population.