OCLC Article First
Now showing 1 - 10 of 17
- The article aims to explore the external and internal factors influencing the activities of NGOs, in Lithuania. A qualitative empirical study was conducted (10 expert surveys) on this issue, what are the factors that help and hinder the activities of NGOs in Lithuania. The study allowed us to identify groups of factors positively influencing the activities of NGOs: human skills; infrastructure, as well as the organisation's relationship with public authorities, the hindering factors were also identified: the application of contracting authority status to NGOs; "activities in the public interest" interpretation; peculiarities of taxation of non-profit organizations; etc. The most relevant groups of NGO activity problems and related legal acts were distinguished: application of the contracting authority status to NGOs (Law on Public Procurement of the Republic of Lithuania); Interpretation of “activities in the public interest” (STI material. Peculiarities of taxation of non-profit organizations; etc. legislation); application of corporate income tax to non-profit organizations (Law on Corporate Income Tax of the Republic of Lithuania).
- research article
; ;Nastyuk, Vasyl ;Shapoval, Roman ;Drozd, OleksiiSolntseva, KhrystynaJournal of Legal, Ethical and Regulatory Issues. [London] : Allied Business Academies, 2022, vol. 25, iss. 3., p. 1-8The article is devoted to the analysis of modern interpretation of the concept of «plagiarism» in the area of doctrinal achievements and scientific activities. The purpose of the study is to determine the features of proper implementation of personal non-property and property rights of authors through various systems of «Anti-plagiarism». The general tools and measures of responsibility for violation of personal non-property and property rights of the authors and inventors are investigated. The proposals for innovations of expert research in the area of property protection are offered. The critical analysis of the provisions of current legislation in Lithuania on this issue is provided. The main aspects of administrative and legal protection of copyright and related rights in Ukraine were highlighted. The need to introduce the institution of authorship examinations by the National Repository and to strengthen administrative liability for copyright infringements is proved. The European Court of Human Rights on Soviet Genocide in Lithuania: The 2019 case Drélingas v. LithuaniaPublication
- The country’s systemic risk has become a fairly widely discussed topic since the global financial crisis of 2008. There is a growing interest among researchers in the development of an Early warning system that helps to assess the relationship between an independent variable for the current period and a dependent variable for a future period. Such models can be used to as early warning of the level of the country's systemic risk, and may help to take early actions to prevent or decrease the impact of systemic crisis. Evaluation of systemic risk is very complicated, as it is difficult to accurately predict the extent of the links between various institutions, and the possible spread and scale of the country's systemic risk. In addition, the country's systemic crisis is affected by many factors, many elements of the financial system. Financial derivatives are one of many elements of financial system, and the market of financial derivatives is huge compared to other financial instruments. The impact of financial derivatives to economies of various countries has been widely studied, however, the research on their impact to countries‘ early systemic risk remains under-researched. For this reason, assessment of the impact of derivative financial instruments on the early systemic risk is very relevant. Aim and tasks. The purpose of the article is to assess the impact of financial derivatives on the country's early systemic risk in the Euro area region. Results. It is shown that correlation fluctuates between weak-strong level, when analyzing relationship between various factors of financial derivatives and early systemic risk in the Euro area. Results of linear regression analysis prove that the group of financial derivatives independent variables (interconnection, size, liquidity, complexity, stability, leverage) can be used to reliably estimate the dependent variable (early systemic risk). Logistic regression analysis also provides similar results to the linear regression analysis. Additionally, it is shown, that logistic regression is more suitable to analyze impact on early systemic risk. Analysis of impact of individual financial derivatives factors to early systemic risk demonstrate, that three financial derivatives factors – size, complexity, and leverage – may be the best predictors of an impending systemic crisis. Among these factors, the size factor has the largest impact on early systemic risk of the Euro area, and complexity factor shows improved statistical parameters, which indicates, that this parameter is more suitable to be used in early warning system models.
4 Contradictions and challenges to the creation of welfare states and their public governancePublication[Pretrunas un problēmas labklājības valstu un to publiskās pārvaldības veidošanā]In contemporary world, with the change of economic, social, political and cultural conditions, the expectations to the support or creation of welfare states are also changing. For the preservation or reinforcement of welfare states, elimination of the arising contradictions is necessary as well as positive, effective answers to the challenges raised to welfare states both in theoretic, ideological-value and practical sense. The aim of this article is to reveal and group the essential contradictions and challenges to welfare states and their public governance. This article is of a phenomenological, analytical-overview type. In chapter 1, the authors provide the notions of contradiction, challenge, welfare state, governance and public governance; chapter 2 analyses contradictions and challenges to public governance of welfare states in international, state and local levels; in chapter 3, the authors analyse the challenges to welfare states in the context of the changes of the 21st century.
- In modern economic environment, obtaining financial stability in the long run is one of the conditions for competitive advantages. The condition for achieving stability is the improvement of the risk management program, which is based on a balanced system of formation and use of available resources. Aim and tasks. The aim of this paper is to explore the trends of risk management of modern investors in the selection of objects for placement of capital and formation a strategy of marketing management for the diversified businesses. The tasks of the paper are to research the theoretical aspects of risk management and planning; to analyze the risk management on the diversified companies; to develop solutions to improve the system of marketing management on the diversified companies in the context of risk management. Results. Investment marketing activities are one of the main ways to develop and increase the competitiveness of the economy and the individual companies operating in it. Marketing activities allow you to attract investments that support the implementation of the company's development strategy, increase its assets, develop innovative products, enter promising markets, ensure development in a highly competitive environment and stimulate the company's capitalization in the future. The dynamic growth of a diversified company is largely possible through diversification of investment capital and raising investment funds through the placement of shares in the financial market. An increase in the investment efficiency of a diversified company is possible only if there is a system of control over the economic activities of its individual business lines, otherwise it is highly likely that irrational investment decisions will be made and investment capital eroded due to the lack of proper control over its planning, placement and subsequent management. Conclusions. Modern diversified enterprises have to show investors that firms are in the sphere of financial management. This will help with the main risk of diversification – undervaluing by fund market. Modern conglomerates on the one hand should be present in the most popular industries among investors like technologies or bioengineering but on the other hand they have to concentrate its activity on the principles of private equity or leveraged buyout firms. It means that firms have to actively use loan capital after the recession and use their equity as more conservative as possible. It will allow getting financial results as good as private equity funds but for the public conglomerates it will allow to keep present investors and to attract new ones with conservative strategy.
1 Assessment of the transparency of information submitted to business enterprises by Lithuanian commercial banksPublicationDue to extremely high degree of responsibilities, bank activities have to be by far the most transparent in comparison to other enterprises or finance institutions since any participant of the finance market may become a bank customer. Considering this reason, activities of commercial banks have to be supervised by particular authorities. What is more, requirements for banking activities must be clearly defined; banks must be obliged to capture particular data and publically submit the required information, ensuring its transparency. This article is aimed at assessment of the transparency of information submitted to business enterprises by Lithuanian commercial banks. The results of the empirical research have revealed that the key problems related to commercial banking include bank activity supervision gaps and insufficiency of legal requirements. In addition, since, with reference to the experts’ opinion, reliance on commercial banks is, to the largest extent, determined by staff competence, service quality, quantity of submitted information and bank image, to ensure information transparency, commercial banks should focus on the submission of truthful and comprehensive information without concealment of any essential data.
- One of the biggest problems of the last decade is hardly defined economic activities, objects and subjects in cyber space. Through cyberspaces, such as social networking platforms, e-commerce, e-business systems or cyber computer games, real money circulates but in most cases these transactions are not accounted and do not generate the taxes to the state budget. For this reason, a deeper insight in the phenomenon of digital shadow economy is purposeful. The performed analysis of various scientific sources leads to the conclusion that the previous research on the topic of digital shadow economy is mostly limited with the studies in cybercriminal activities, e-fraud and the motives of the consumers to get involved in digital piracy. However, the complex scientific research in the field of digital shadow economy has not been performed, which determined the aim of this research – to systematize the scientific literature on digital shadow economy and perform the critical analysis of the researched phenomenon. The methods used in the research include systematic and comparative analysis of the scientific literature. The research has enabled to specify the concept of digital shadow economy, identify its forms and activity channels in digital black markets and define the differences between traditional and digital shadow economy.
- research articleJournal of psychology and behavioral science. [New York] : American Research Institute for Policy Development, 2015, vol. 3, no. 1., p. 50-60Therefore, regarding the suicides with help, the opinion that a person who chooses death can reflect on his situation constructively, and he is still capable to experience positive emotions, is not evidence – based. Nonetheless, supplementary research is needed to explore further the different factors contributing to unwillingness to live which is a sign of diminished psychological wellbeing.
- research articleInternational journal of philosophy and theology. New York : American Research Institute for Policy Development, 2014, vol. 2, no. 2., p. 23-32The paper analyzes the awareness of the power of language in mythical culture relating pre-theoretical to theoretical thinking. Emphasis on the power of word in a myth and its identification with the essence of thing give prominence to the usage of names. The word is understood as the tool of creation and the element giving birth to the world and its order. Language for the ancient man provides both the cognitive basis and the examples of practical behavior. This paper makes the assumption that the inherent belief of the pre-theoretical thinking in the exclusive power of language to represent things determined the insight into the language as the tool for revealing the essence of world in theoretical thinking. The creative power of language became the starting point for the philosophical analysis of the relation between things and names. Philosophical thought while transforming the belief inherent to pre-theoretical thinking in exceptional powers of language into the theoretical analysis of the suitability of language for knowing, raised the problem of the relationship between the world of things and the world of language which is analyzed in philosophical theories from Plato to Wittgenstein, Popper or Feyerabend.